Monday, March 16, 2009

A Little Girly Fun



For a long time I wouldn't let my girls paint their own nails, because I would get stressed out about the possible spills and I didn't like for their nails to be anything but perfect, but then I decided who really cares? They had the time of their lives painting their own nails and they felt so proud of themselves afterwards. It is so much better to see the smiles on Sage and Syd's faces then to have perfectly painted fingernails. If some polish ends up on the table, oh well, it was an accident. If some polish gets on Sydnee's forehead, who cares, it makes for a cute picture. What is most important in life? That is what I need to ask myself more often. I love when my sweet girls are happy and having fun. They are so dang cute and they make me smile with the cute things they say and do! Thanks for making my life happy girls! You are the greatest daughters in the world!

6 comments:

Jen said...

What a good mom you are! I'm loving the streak on Syd's forehead! I didn't let Kaitlyn paint her own until last summer - and only outside! Good for you for letting them have some fun. What cuties!

Cherene said...

My sister's kid raising philosophy is "Only say NO if you absolutely have to." I have to try to remind myself all the time to try to say yes, and enjoy the chaos! This post is a good reminder to me of how I can loosen my control over the little things, and it will all still be OK! The girls look like they had a blast painting their nails! :)

Cheryl said...

It doesn't look too bad from here!
That's the greatest! You have more patience than you give yourself credit for. These are the times that they will remember forever! Wait and see!

Wendy said...

Darling pictures! I've often thought fingernail painting should include knuckles and foreheads!Good work girls!
Your a great Mom Jess! I too really need to work on picking my battles and relaxing about things that really shouldn't matter. But why is that so difficult sometimes? Your an inspiration!

Skelley Family said...

Holy holy holy cow! That is beautiful. I have one daughter that loves to paint her nails and one that doesn't want to have anything to do with it at all! Too cute!

Michelle Hansen said...

The song "Girls just want to have fun" started playing in my head when I was looking at those pictures. How fun! You are quite a brave Mommy Jessica! :)