


We had a great Valentine's Day this year! It was fun to have it on a Saturday so that we could spend time together as a family. Matthew gave the girls and I beautiful tulips and we were so excited about that. I got red tulips and the girls got pink. I love that he gives our girls flowers. It makes them feel very important and loved. My dad gave my sisters and I flowers when we lived at home and I always thought that was so special. I'm glad that my girls have a great dad, just like I do. The kids and I gave Dad a big bucket of licorice and a card with a heart made from Sydnee's footprints on it. Math and I gave the kiddos some candy, cards and a High School Musical pop-up stage/tent. Of course it was one of my major clearance finds, so I was excited to use valentine's day as my excuse for us to give it to the kids. They loved it and couldn't get enough of it. There are lights on it and you can hook up your mp3 player and play music through it. Sage and Sydnee performed all morning long. It was cute! We decided to go to a movie as a family and I'll have to say that it was slim pickins', so I played the trailors for the girls and let them choose. Well, there were only two kid movies out, "Coraline" and "Hotel For Dogs". Oh boy, nothing I was too excited about. They ended up choosing "Coraline". Hmmmm....interesting movie. Not really my type of show, but I think our kids thought it was okay. Matthew thought it was boring, I thought it was dark and gloomy, but I liked some of it and we were both shocked over one scene that was just much more than we would want our kids to see, too late, we were there and watching. Anyway, we still had a good time together as a family and enjoyed our Valentine's Day. I just want my family to know how much I love each one of them. My life would not be complete without Matthew, Sage, Sydnee and Easton. They are my happiness and I love them more than life itself.



This is the valentine that we made for Sage's teacher, but it is just like the one that we made for our Dad! I think that they turned out quite cute!






4 comments:
How fun. Cute cute pictures (as always) and it sounds like Vday was great. Jared gives our girls each a rose... I think it's cute that Math gave yours tulips. Love it! I remember Dad doing that too! And you should totally blow up that picture of Easton. It is darling!
I took Kayla & Jense to see Coraline last weekend, it was the last day it was playing in 3D. I'll have to agree that it was hmmmmmm....interesting. I know the exact scene that you are talking about! There was a collective gasp from the adults in the theatre durring that scene. I was quite suprised myself! Needless to say...I don't think we'll be buying that one when it come out on dvd.....
I'm loving the valentine's card idea.
Cute, cute! I love the footprint heart, cute idea! I too remember dad giving us roses, and i loved it!
Post a Comment