Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hip-hip-hooray, Papa and Grandma are on their Way!







Papa Bob and Grandma Cheryl came down to visit us in February. They arrived on the 5th and headed back home on the 12th. We could hardly wait for them to get to our house. When they finally arrived, the girls squealed with excitement! Papa and Grandma brought in some of their stuff and we just hung out and visited for awhile. I'm sure they were pretty tired after a 12 hour drive to our house. They brought some special valentine's day surprises for the kids and of course Grandma couldn't wait to give them to the kids, so they got to have an early valentine's gift. Papa and Grandma gave Easton "The Pokey Little Puppy" big board book and they gave Sage and Sydnee talking Madagascar stuffed animals. They were all so excited and thankful for their special gifts! Sydnee even made this comment to me about her talking Marty, "These toys are awesome!!! I wish all of my animals could talk like my zebra!" I thought that was so cute. I don't know if I've ever seen her so happy about a toy. Sage and Sydnee also had requested that they bring their wii with them so that we could play, so we ended up playing for most of the evening and had a great time doing it. The girls caught on really quick and loved playing bowling right off the bat. While Sage was playing, she said, "I'm good at this game!!" I'm glad that she feels that way. If only I could get away with making comments like that, or should I say, if only I really felt that way about things that I do. Aren't kids awesome! Only sweet innocent kids can get away with being so bold. If we, as adults said stuff like that it wouldn't come across the same. We had a great first day with Papa and Grandma. We are so lucky to be so loved!



1 comment:

Jen said...

Cute pictures of the girls playing the Wii! So fun!