skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sage and her friend Cara both had birthdays during Spring Break this year and after talking to Cara's mom, Shanie, we decided to have a combined birthday party for them. The girls were so excited! Sage was planning on having a purse party and Cara wanted a girl party, so it ended up being easy to please both of them. They wanted to invite all of the same girls and they were on the same page with all of the things that they wanted to do at the party. I offered to make the invitations and had a great time doing it. I made some cute purse invitations that opened up and had all of the party information inside. Sage and Cara liked them and that made me happy.
Cara had already picked out the cake mix and frosting that she wanted, so I used them to make cupcakes in ice cream cones for the party. We let the girls frost their own cupcakes and they had yummy raspberry sherbet too! We played freeze dance, button-button who has the button, duck-duck-goose, Simon says and played some music and the girls ran around and around fast or slow according to the music. The girls all had a great time!
All of the girls that were invited showed up for the party. Shanie and I actually picked them all up from school and we walked home together. We had the party at Cara's house and she just lives around the corner from the elementary school. Sage has so many cute friends. They are L-R in the picture above: Back Row - Halle, Hailey, Kaylea, Breanna, Alice and Front Row - Sydnee, Sage, Cara, Emma.
Of course Sage and Cara thought that they needed a pinata. It was a lot of fun! All of the girls got to try it and then Sage smacked it hard and broke it open. Cara went next and finished it off and the candy was everywhere. That was the end of that, but of course then we had to divide the candy up evenly. Shanie and I tried to just even out the bags, but there were a few girls who insisted on putting it in a bowl and dividing it evenly. Too funny!
All of the girls continuously asked us when we were going to open presents, but both Shanie and I thought that we should wait until the very end of the party to do that. I thought that it might save some arguing if we put numbers in a bowl and gave each girl a number and then when their number got drawn, they could give their gifts to Sage and Cara. It worked well for the most part. I cannot believe how much Sage and Cara's friends spoiled them. They had such a fun and exciting time opening their gifts. They received so many neat things. They loved all of the gifts that were given to them! Halle gave them purses with a bunch of stuff inside and I think that they felt grown up with their new purses. They hardly put them down. Too cute!
I am so glad that Sage and Cara are friends. They are too cute! They are practically joined at the hip and always have to check what the other one is doing before they can make a decision. They love playing together. It is fun that they are in the same class at church and at school. I think that the girls had such a fun day and that makes me very happy! They were so sweet and cute all day. Having their party together was definitely double the fun!
I love the Gabriella wig that Cara gave to Sage! They cracked me up wearing it!
6 comments:
Whoa! Sage makes a beautiful brunette... but we sure love the REAL Sage. I'm so glad she had such a fun party with such a cute, fun little friend. Love the theme, invitations, games, everything. Wish I could shrink my girls back down to 6!
AND... I can't wait to see Easton in that wig. I bet it's hilarious!
Cute party. I love the purse invites. You are so cratfy and creative. How fun for Sage to have such a good friend.
I love the wig! What a crack up! It looks like the double party was a big hit! How cute and fun! Cute invites!
I can't believe that she is 6. Looks like a ton of fun. You are so creative with the invites! Love it.
Wow! What a great party. Do you do party planning for others at all? :)
Post a Comment