Friday, May 1, 2009

We Love Our Dad!





Sage and Sydnee were great helpers when it came to planning what we would do for Dad's birthday. They helped me choose the food and cake. We ended up having pizza, garlic bread and carrot cake. I tried to talk the girl's into cheese cake, but they were really into all of the fancy frosted cakes at the store. They were so excited when they saw the carrot cake. There was no turning back after that decision. I loved that they were so excited about Math's birthday. They are such sweetie's!



About a month ago I asked the girl's what we should get Dad for his birthday. Sydnee suggested a gun, but I informed her that we would have to choose something else. We all brainstormed and ended up with some great ideas. We got him a camera case for his digital camera, some new targets to take out shooting and a couple of new t-shirts. We also wanted to get him a new book, but couldn't find one that we thought he would like. He was very happy and the girls loved watching him open his gifts. I think that they were more excited than he was.



We ended up taking a family bike ride and had tons of fun! It is so nice that Easton is big enough to ride in the trailer these days. It was the perfect weather and we enjoyed our time together as a family. We love our Dad so much and don't know what we'd do without him. We are the luckiest family in the whole world to have such an awesome dad!

6 comments:

Steffy said...

Hey, just catching up on your blog. You have such cute posts. I love seeing your family.

Jen said...

Fun pictures of Math's birthday! We hope he had a great one!

Loree said...

Happy Late Birthday to Matthew! what fun times. I like the girl's choice of cake! but cheesecake is one of his favorites i remember his saying in his talk at church!

Shelby Sorensen said...

Not only are you the luckiest family, but you have one of the cutest!

Cheryl said...

I love the look on Easton's face with Math and the cake!

Skelley Family said...

You guys are the cutest! I love the family bike ride picture! Wow! 3 kids......too cute!