On April 2nd, 2009 Sydnee learned how to ride a two wheel bike! We had taken Sage to school and when we got home Syd told me that she wanted to ride Sage's bike. I wanted to say no, because it is too big for her, but I decided that it would be okay. We got the bike out and I put a metal pole in the back so that I could hold on to it to help her balance and off we went. I ran up and down the road with her and started to let go for longer and longer spurts. I soon realized that she was balancing really well and I knew that she could just ride by herself. I took the pole out of the back of the bike and told her that she could ride on her own. I helped her start off and she rode around and around the culdesac all by herself. I was so proud of her and so excited that she could ride all by herself. She felt like such a big girl. I decided that she should probably ride her little bike, so we got that out and she did great riding that. This was the only day that I could convince her to wear a helmet, but oh well I guess, I never wore a helmet when I rode bikes. These pictures are of Sydnee on her own bike. It is just the right size for her to be able to start and stop on her own. She is a pro bike rider these days! Dad and Sage were so surprised when they saw Sydnee cruising around without any training wheels. We had such a fun day!

Easton was napping while Syd was learning to ride, but of course she wanted to ride all day, so Easton got to sit in his stroller and watch her. When Sage got home she wanted to ride bikes too, so we just had a full day of biking. I love to watch my kids learn new things and feel good about themselves when they accomplish them. I love my 3 little cuties. I'm so lucky to be their mom!






4 comments:
Super Fun.. Wow Brayden needs to learn how to ride without training wheels. Go Sydney.. Your girls are so cute. Easton is handsome boy. I loved hanging out the other day as a couple. You guys are fun.
Wow! Way to go Syd! Poor Hayden still just has a trike!
Cute, Justice wants to take his training wheels off...but I don't think he is a pro yet like Syd! He would crash and burn!
Go Syd! Syvanah's still trying to learn to turn the peddles with her feet. I'm still looking forward to the day that she can peddle on her own, let alone ride without training wheels. She'll get it eventually though. I think I was 5 or 6 before I learned to ride. My parents didn't let me having training wheels though. :o(
Post a Comment