Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!



Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.


Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.!
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes ! to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom .

~Author Unknown



I had such a great Mother's Day this year! I have the best husband and children in the world! I absolutely love being a mom and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love each of my kids so much and think that they are the cutest and the sweetest. Sage was so excited for Mother's Day to come because she had gifts for me that she made at school. She made me a cute ceramic handprint that she painted, a neat MOM card, a cool pot of flowers that she painted, a book with special handprint pictures/poems that she made throughout the year, a card that she made in primary and she picked out a bag of skittles for me when she went shopping with Dad. Sydnee gave me a cute card that she made in primary and a bag of redvines that she picked out while shopping with Dad. Easton and Math gave me a yummy smelling cucumber mint candle. I loved all of the special gifts that my family gave to me, but I loved their hugs and kisses the best! I had a wonderful day with my family and I loved them all so much!



I hardly ever get to have a picture with just Matthew and I because often times there isn't anyone around to take one, but I decided to have Sage take one for us and she did a great job! Thanks Sage! These are the cards that the girls made in primary. Sage filled hers out on her own and sounded out all the words, so just go with the phonetic spelling and you can figure it out. She did such a good job and I loved to read it. Sydnee had help from her teacher to fill out her card. I loved reading her card too. The cards brought a smile to my face as I read the cute things that the girls filled in.





This cute clipboard page was from the book that Sage gave to me. I loved this survey about me too. She filled this one out with really true answers, but I was cracking up about my favorite holiday being thanksgiving because sometimes we get a thanksgiving turkey! Too cute!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Jess... I knew you were skinny, but wow 23 lbs, 90 lbs... I love kids' answers. You got some GREAT answers! SO CUTE! Isn't being a mom the best? And Red Vines? I'm super jealous. I love you guys!

Ella A. said...

That's so cute. I love being a mother too! You are such a good one, I will miss seeing you at church each Sunday. But we WILL get together. ;)

Brad and Jana said...

Wow you need to check into the anorexia ward I guess! LOL to cute! You are a great Mom!

The McNeil Family said...

These were so cute.. I love when you get to find out what your kids really think about you.. Yoe are a great mother..

jane said...

LOVED THE SURVEYS!!!!! YOU NEED TO COME SEE AUNTIE TRUDY AND UNCLE KENT!!!! WE WILL FATTEN YOU UP!!!

Tawni said...

That is the CUTEST poem! I had to copy it and put it in my book, I hope you don't mind!
We are off for vacation tomorrow, but in June, we need to get together a lot and swim, if you don't mind us. We should set up something! Seriously.

Johnna Jayne said...

Love the poem, love the cute lil surveys the girls did. How fun!!

Loree said...

what a fun post! You are such a cute mom Jessica! your kids are lucky to have you as their mom!