skip to main |
skip to sidebar
We had quite the adventure on school picture day and I wasn't even sure if Sage would make it to school or not. I got a phone call from Matthew and he said that he was having some really bad pains and was coming home from work. I didn't think too much of it other than he sounded sick when he talked to me. As he drove home from work he had to keep pulling over because the pain was so severe. He called me during one of those stops and I could tell that he was hurting. I started to panic (surprise-surprise) and told him that he should call an ambulance or tell me where he was so that I could come and get him. He said he would be fine and he'd call me back in a few minutes. Well, the time seemed to go slowly, but he called and said he was stopping at our friends, because he didn't think that he could make it all the way home. When he got there things got bad enough that he called 911 and an ambulance was on it's way. As soon as he told me this, I had the kids loaded up and I was on my way too. I arrived at the same time as the ambulance and they proceeded to check him out and load him up to take him to the hospital. I left Sydnee with my friend Amy and Sage and I followed the ambulance to the hospital. Well, during all of this, Sage was worried that she wouldn't make it for school pictures and I reassured her that it would all work out. She was a lot more worried about her dad though and needed to be there to see him. Well, even with the stress and worry, I called my friend Sarah and while crying filled her in on what I knew and asked if maybe she would get Sage ready and take her to school. Of course she was willing to do anything that we might need her to do. It ended up that Matthew had a kidney stone (OUCH! - I've heard that the pain is worse than child birth) and I was able to get Sage quickly home and ready for pictures by myself. What a crazy day!! When we got over to the school we had just missed her class going inside, so we had to go to the front office and check her in. Luckily her cute friend Cara told Ms. Dillon that we were going to be a few minutes late and they stalled to wait for us, because they were next in line for pictures. Her class was all lined up and ready to go when we got there, but we made it!! What a whirlwind of emotions and adventure. I am just so grateful that Matthew is okay and that it wasn't something life threatening. I was truly scared and wondering how I would ever be able to live without him. I love Matthew and I'm so thankful that everything turned out ok!!
6 comments:
I totally remember this day. We were so scared for Matt, you and little Easton who was not born yet (hopeing your stress wouldn't put you into labor). Sage looks beautiful in her pictures and now you have a great story to tell that goes with them. :)
I kind of know that scared ~ worried ~ crazy ~ upsetting ~ feeling....
Do you remember when Trevor fell at a house fire in Highland. Well, I was so scared when a Police Officer came in to the Credit Union looking for me, before we had even opened for the day, to let me know that Trevor was at the hospital because of an accident and that I needed to go over there. I'm glad it was only a kidney stone & so sorry that you had to go through that ~ espically being at the end of a pregnancy!
She looks so cute in her pictures... and only 9 kids in her class? How awesome is that! I was so glad to find out that Math was ok - we were worried about him!
Poor Matthew. I've had kidney stones,and had children and I'll tell you kidney stones are worse. Plus all you "deliver" is a piece of sand, not a beautiful baby.
Sage looks adorable in her pics. I can't believe how small her class is.
You know big tough Math is really in pain if he would come home form work, let alone call 911! We are glad he is okay. Sage looks so cute! I love the smile:)
When I started reading this post, I knew exactly what it was. I've had the little buggers since I was seventeen. No fun! In fact, I just passed one last week. Sorry about the ordeal, that is very scary when you don't know what it is.
Post a Comment