Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween Here We Come!



We have been preparing for Halloween since October hit. Sage could hardly wait to get out all of the fun decorations. We decided to decorate outside too and the girls thought it would be fun to put up some spider webs. I'll tell you what....either I am an idiot or those things are a pain to string around. I know, it's probably the idiot thing, but I struggled. We decided that all of the trick-or-treaters will be scared of our spiders and spooky lights. The girls excitement over everything made the decorating worth it for me.

We decided to carve our pumpkins the other night and had a great time doing it. Sage was supposed to carve pumpkins with her family and count 50 seeds for part of her October homework. What a fun assignment. We had the girls design their own pumpkin faces, but Sydnee wasn't into that, so I designed hers. Sage came up with her cute face all on her own and then I transferred the design onto her pumpkin. I think that she did a great job! It turned out really cute. Sage and Sydnee like helping cut the lid, but they did not want anything to do with the guts inside. Matthew helped Sage put her hand in to pull out the guts. She was laughing at first, but then freaked out. She did not like touching the slimey stuff at all. It was so funny. Sydnee wouldn't even give it a try. Matthew and I tried to convince them that it was okay, but they weren't falling for it. We even cut out shapes in the back of the pumkins and when we light them up they make designs on our wall. We all thought that was pretty cool. Well, we had a super fun time and ended up with some cute pumpkins and happy kids!! We love spending time together as a family!


Matthew and I had talked about trying to cook up the pumpkin seeds this year. He found a recipe on the internet and it was an easy way to cook them in the microwave and then just season them up according to your own likes. He made them one night and I was instantly addicted to salty-garlic salted pumpkin seeds. Yummy! I can't get enough.

Sydnee has also had a lot of Halloween fun at her playgroup. One day she made all of these cute crafts that we have used to decorate our house. She also made the cutest candy corn guy at another playgroup. She is having way too much fun with her cute friends. Look closely at the ghost made from Sydnee's handprint. I thought that it was so creative.

7 comments:

Jen said...

How cute and fun! We don't even have pumpkins yet. I know, I'm a slacker mom. I LOVE that pic of Sage scooping out the pumpkin - her face is classic! I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!

Loree said...

fun times jessica! halloween is so fun! i love your girls matching halloween shirts, too cute! i love all your carving pics too.

Sarah S. said...

We still have to get our pumpkins. Last year we got them too early and by the time Halloween came they were shrivled up old men pumpkins that looked like they had dentures. I waited longer this year but now I need to get on it.

Wendy said...

Looks like fun! I love the 'guts' pictures-so cute! You are such a darling family!

Lisa said...

How fun. Those pictures are so cute.

Brad and Jana said...

Those look good! That makes me want to carve ours! I like Maths shirt! Is is a Sure Appliance one?

The McNeil Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun.. I love doing that kind of stuff with ours kids.Brayden asked today when are we going to get our pumpkins? last year we did what sarah did got them to early. But I think we can get them now. Brayden loves taking the guts out.