Friday, October 30, 2009

Sydnee Loves Her New Earrings!



August 15th, 2009 - Sydnee has been talking about getting her ears pierced for a long time. We were at the mall one day and she wanted to get them pierced right then, but I told her that we needed to talk to dad and see what he thought about it. I really just wanted to see if she would keep asking. That would tell me if she was serious about it or not. Well, she kept talking about it and both Matthew and I felt that it was her decision and if that is what she wanted to do, then it was fine with us.



Sydnee was so excited about getting her ears pierced. My friend Danielle does my hair and she had told me long ago that her mom pierces ears, so we decided to ask "Grandma Dori" to do it for us. Syd was soooo brave! She got up in the chair and had such a happy smile on her face. The only hard part was that we were going to have to do one ear at a time and I was afraid that Sydnee would be upset after the first one and not want to get the second ear done. Well, she surprised us all. She wanted me to hold her hand really tight and when the first earring went in, she barely flinched and just got a serious look on her face, but she didn't cry at all. She sat there waiting while the gun was reloaded with the next earring and she sat just as still for the second one. WOW! I was impressed! No tears at all and she LOVED her new earrings! What a brave little angel. She looks so cute with her new earrings and her big, excited smile!



After she was all done, Sydnee ran off to play with all the girls just like nothing had even happened. They had a great time doing the dummies hair and having some girly fun!



A few days after this, Sydnee and I were talking and I loved what Sydnee said, so I just wanted to record this memory. She said, "Grandma Dori did my ear piercing. I like Grandma Dori. She always looks cute." I thought that was so cute! Sydnee is a sweetheart and I am proud of her for being so brave. I told Sage that she could get her ears pierced if she wanted to, but she decided that she would rather wait for awhile. I am glad that she feels like she can make her own decisions and isn't pressured by the attention that Sydnee received. Sage is a brave girl too and I'm sure that someday she'll end up in this same situation and do as well as Syd did.

4 comments:

J-ME said...

What a little brave cutie! I loved your camping/tent bed! How fun!

Reynolds Family said...

How funny that Sydney wanted her ears pierced before Sage. Emma still won't get hers done. I ask her every time we go to the mall. We had a neighbor that got one ear pierced and then wouldn't do the other for 2 years, so I guess it's good to wait until they're ready!

Jen said...

What a brave little sweetie! She looks so cute. I love those pictures of them doing the hair, too. Kaitlyn thought it looked like fun. :)

Tressa said...

Hmm, maybe Grandma Dori will have to pierce Maddie's ears too:) That looks like a fun time!