Monday, August 17, 2009

The First and Second Days of School





Sage was very excited about starting first grade. We woke up early, got her dressed, did her hair and quickly made her a lunch and we were off and running. The morning ran smoothly for Sage, but Easton was not a happy camper. He cried at my legs all morning and even got mad and pulled Sage's hair. YIKES! Sage and I just tried to keep smiles on our faces through all of the trauma.



When we got over near the school and parked the car, Sage's friend Cara was walking past, so Sage decided that she could walk with her. Well, I felt sad not walking her up to the school on her first day, so I was trying to get Sydnee and Easton out of the car and in the mean time Sage headed off to the playground to line up with her class. Well, I guess that I am happy that she is brave and has no trouble going to school, but it is sure sad that she doesn't need me as much as she used to. She was cute lining up with her new class and new teacher. I am a little nervous for her to go to lunch this year. I don't know why. I guess it is just because it is a new experience for her. I'm sure that she'll adjust and do great! I am so proud of Sage for being brave. She is such a sweetheart and I love her so much. I am going to miss her all day long every single day! I look forward to picking her up and hearing all about her fun times in first grade.



Sage and Sydnee had their friends over to play after school. It was fun to hear them talk all about their first day. I'm glad that my girls have such good buddies in our ward and neighborhood.



I had a lot of fun taking some pictures of Sage after school. She was silly and we had fun goofing around. I just took the pictures in my bedroom on my bed. They turned out quite cute! I cannot believe how much Sage is growing up. She is a smart, sweet, sensitive, emotional girl and I love her tons!



Matthew had a fun idea for some pictures, but we are still working on perfecting the idea. He tossed the girls way up in the air and I snapped the pictures. We think that it would be cool to just get the girls in the picture, but I couldn't find the right angle to get them without getting him in the shot. We'll try again another day. These pictures crack me up though, because they show the difference in our girls. Sydnee is fearless and Sage is a little more timid. Can you see the fear in Sage's face. She loved it and it scared her all at the same time. I don't think she planned on Math throwing her as high as he did.



These pictures are from Sage's second day of school. I wasn't able to get any pictures at the school on the first day, so I grabbed a few pictures when we dropped her off and picked her up on the second day. She looked so pretty in her yellow shirt. Sage loves school and that makes me happy!

8 comments:

Jen said...

You got such cute pictures of your sweet Sage. I feel the same as you about sending B to 1st grade, even though I've already sent two girls! Lunch makes me nervous too, but I have no idea why. Bryson was the same way on the first day, and couldn't figure out why on earth I needed to walk him in. I love those pics of the girls being tossed. They are much braver than me! I'd look like Sage times ten. Cool idea. And I LOVE that picture of your girls walking. So cute. They are just growing up muck too quickly!

AudyCamp said...

Aw...makes me sad to see these pictures. I wish we could just transport sage and cara's little bodies here to be with kaylea. ;(
She misses them but is hoping to make friends here soon. We should definitely have sage over to play or at least meet up at the San Tan SPlash Pad...that's not far from us.
(loved the flying in the air pics!)

Loree said...

great pics as usual! glad the first couple days of school went well :) it is always a relief :) i remember being nervous about my kids eating lunch at school too. they are old pros now!

Leah said...

What sweet pics of your little girl...Love the lighting in your bedroom...Sage's eyes are so pretty....lets get together soon..love all your posts!

The McNeil Family said...

I love her yellow shirt, she looks cute in yellow. It was hard for me to get pics on the 1st day of school too.

Sarah S. said...

1st grades was so much harder for me to adjust to with my kids than kindergarten. Great pictures. I saw Sage at school with her hand on Cara's back guiding her around. It was cute.

J-ME said...

What a lil cutie! I ♥ her hair. I'll have to get some tips if Brighty ever gets hair! I love her yellow shirt so cute!!

Tawni said...

She is soo dang cute!
You took some really cute pictures of her. And I love the ones of them in the air, we have lots of fun pictures of doing goofy stuff like that. The boys always think they are the coolest!