Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Meet The Teacher (1st Grade)


It's that time again......time for school to start! I have mixed emotions about it. I am excited for Sage to start first grade, but I am sad too. She will be going full day this year and I am going to miss her while she is at school. She is excited though and I know that she will do great!



Monday, August 10th was meet the teacher night. Sage got to meet Mrs. Weber for the first time. She seems very nice and I'm sure that Sage will enjoy being in her class. Sage loved checking our her new desk and she loved looking around her new classroom. It looks like they are going to be learning so many new and exciting things this year.



We had a fun time touring around Patterson Elementary and Sage was a great tour guide. She told us all about the school as we walked around. I can tell she is excited to be a 1st grader, but it will take a little while for her to be completely comfortable in a new class, with a new teacher and a lot of students that she doesn't know. There is only one kid from her kindergarten class that will be in her class this year. Wow, everything is new again for our sweet Sage. She'll adjust fine and make friends quickly I'm sure. She really surprised me last year and I know she'll do great again this year!



We went to check out the gym/cafeteria and while we were there, the kids had to try out the cool rock climbing wall. They had fun!



After we got home and ate dinner, Sage and I headed out on a special night out. We stopped to snap a few pictures of ourselves and then we were off on a shopping date! I'll have to take posing lessons from Sage. She's a pro! I was just trying out a pose that might be low enough for Sage to capture on the camera. It turned out quite goofy. We were having fun and that's all that matters though. We were pretty much done with our school shopping, but just needed a pair of shorts, so we went to Ross, Target and Walmart. Sage found a dress at Ross that she was sure she needed, so we bought it and she was thrilled! We had such a fun time together. Sage was hilarious in the dressing room at Ross. She found a shirt that she thought looked like a secret spy girl shirt. It was a black button up with a collar and a belt around the waist. When she tried it on she instantly went into character from head to toe. She was karate kicking all over the place with the most serious look on her face, but then she would giggle and it was so cute! We laughed and laughed. We didn't get the shirt, because we weren't sure if she really needed it or not. Mostly I was afraid that she would hate how it felt when she put it on for school. We have that problem sometimes. Anyway, we found some shorts at Target and we also stopped at there little cafe for some pizza and an icee to drink. We had a lot of fun talking and laughing together. I need to take my girls out one on one more often. It was special. After we got home Sage asked Math to give her a father's blessing before she started back to school. It was really neat. I am grateful to have the priesthood in our home. What a blessing it is for all of us. Good luck at school Sage! We all love you so much and know that you will be the best student ever!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Can you believe our kiddos are going into 1st grade!? So crazy. I can't believe how grown up they are getting. Sage is such a cutie, I'm sure she'll have NO problem making friends and feeling comfortable in her new class. She is such a smartie, she'll probably be the teachers fave. :)

jkeagar said...

You are such an awesome mom! Your kids are super lucky!! It is so fun for Kylie to see Sage at school, she thinks that is so great

Lisa said...

Where did the summer go. Sage is so cute. I can't believe she is going into 1st grade. Wow

Loree said...

all day at school already? how was her first few days? I wish her luck! and your girls night out was cute! what fun you had together. one on one time is the best :)

Shelby Sorensen said...

It looks like you have a fun school year ahead of you! We are so excited for Sage!

The McNeil Family said...

It is great to have the priesthood to bless our families lifes. I am sure she will do great in school.