
June 10th-12th: Matthew had to take a trip to Texas for work this month and we are always sad to have him leave. Easton had to get his last minute hugs and kisses in the night before! Easton loves his dad so much!

The girls had friends over to play during the day and Sage also went to her friend Kaylea's house. I needed to go and pick her up, but Easton was sleeping, so I had our neighbor Tiffany come over and sit at our house for a few minutes while I ran to pick Sage up. While I was gone Sydnee fell asleep sitting on the couch. It was funny to come back and see this cute sight!

Whenever our Dad goes out of town, the girls and I have a sleepover in my bedroom. We all cram into the bed and it is tons of fun! I have decided that if they sleep at the head of the bed and I sleep across the bottom of the bed, it is a lot more comfortable for me. We love being together and acting silly!

My friend Kristie and I decided to take our kids to the zoo on June 12th. It is always nice to go out and have fun with friends, especially when Math is out of town and I need to keep us all busy and as happy as possible.

Sage, Sydnee, Jacob and Kylie had a blast checking out the zoo animals. It got really hot, really fast, so we only saw a few animals and then headed over to the splash pad for some cool summer fun!

We love spending time with the Eagars. They are such great friends! Back Row: Jacob and Jacie. Front Row: Kylie, Sage and Sydnee

The kids really loved playing in the water and I enjoyed watching them. They all got along and played so well together. Easton was an extra good boy too. He loved just hanging out with me and I loved it too. It turned out to be a really great day! Oh, a quick story about Sydnee. I was drinking a Dr. Pepper that Kristie had brought with her and Sydnee thought that she needed a drink of it. I let her have a swallow and then she ran off to play. The next thing I knew, my drink had disappeared. I wondered where it went and then looked up and saw Sydnee guzzling it down. She thought it was so good and she didn't want to give it back. I was cracking up!

The girls were so concerned about the ducks that were hanging around, so they were herding them back into the pond. It was funny to watch them. They were brave as long as the ducks were doing what they wanted them to. I love that my kids love to see animals. They get so excited and it makes me smile. We had such a great day at the zoo with our good friends!
I just wanted to write about something that happened while Math was gone to Texas. On Thursday our doorbell rang and I instantly had a bad feeling about it. I quickly told the girls to be quiet and to not run to the door. I didn't know why I felt so uneasy. I was thinking that it was probably Kylie coming over to play, but I couldn't shake the sick feeling that I felt. As I worked my way to the front door, the doorbell started ringing over and over and over. At this point I really thought that it must be our friend Kylie, but I had the same bad feeling and reminded the girls to stay quiet. When I looked out the peep hole I saw a teenage boy walking away from the door. Hmmm....... why would he be ringing the doorbell like that? Strange! I then had the impression to step outside the door and just look around. I knew that I shouldn't try to get the boys attention, but just step outside. I felt so scared after this happened, but just let it go after talking to Math and him telling me to get a gun out if I needed to. Well, I didn't get the gun out, because I decided everything was fine. Exactly 1 week later my doorbell rang and it was our neighbors, Jacob and Kylie. They came to see if the girls could play. While I stood talking to them a cop came rushing down our street carrying a gun and a cop car came screeching to a halt in front of our house. I hurried the kids inside and heard the officer's yelling for someone to get down on the ground. Holy cow!!! We watched them arrest a teenage boy and then two more were arrested after that. They were caught trying to break into a house that is for sale just around the corner. We found out from the police that they were going around our neighborhood ringing doorbells to see if people were home and then if they weren't, then they would target that house to rob and vandalize. I really feel that Heavenly Father was watching over me and my family the day that my doorbell rang. I know that he was keeping us safe by having me step outside of our house so that these young trouble makers would know that we were home. I am so glad that I listened to the feelings that were put into my heart and mind that day. What a crazy experience. I feel so blessed to have been watched over and protected. I am also glad that I was home and some of our cute neighborhood friends could come and stay with us the day that the teenagers were caught. Everyone was a little shook up and I am glad that they could stay at my house all day and feel safe. Thank heavens for promptings from our loving Heavenly Father.





4 comments:
Girls will play when the men are away.. It looks like a fun day with the Eagar's at the zoo. Scary story.. I am glad they got the trouble makers, or at least some of them.
Looks like you did some fun things while Math was gone, but that story, every time I think about it I get the chills. I'm so glad you were prompted and listened. I don't know if I would have. I hope so!
You are such a fun mom :) It looks like you are having a great summer. Your kids are getting so big!
wow, that was a crazy story... I'm glad you were safe too!!
I love the pictures of Eastons first teeth, I love that age!
I totally remember that! What a fun day at the zoo. Thanks for keeping my kids safe!! You are awesome.Thanks for being such a great friend.
Post a Comment