
On March 21st we decided to check out the Arizona Renaissance Festival. When we got through the gates we spotted a fairy. The girls were excited and they went over to meet her. The fairy gave them a jewel and fairy dust. It was fun! Sage and Sydnee loved it!

There were so many cool things to see. There was a dragon castle slide that Sage, Sydnee and Dad went down. There was a line, but it was worth the wait! There were some jesters walking on stilts, many cool music shows, jugglers and other street performers, people dressed up everywhere and food and souvenirs around every corner. This was definitely an amazing place to visit.

Something that we were told that we had to try was the turkey legs that they sell to eat. Well, we couldn't pass that up now could we? They were delicious!!

One of the shows that we didn't want to miss was the jousting. We saw a royal parade on our way to the stadium. It was fun to see all of the fancy costumes. The jousting was pretty cool and our kids were definitely entertained. While we were waiting for the jousting to start, the sun was beating down on us and it was so hot! I was a slacker and forgot the sunscreen today. I felt so bad and I was really worried about the kids burning. Grandma was so nice and she offered to buy the girls some little parasols. She had to run pretty far to find them. We were so grateful to her for being so kind to do that. Even though the girls were already a little burned, the parasols saved them from becoming extremely fried. They are cute souvenirs to go along with the dragons that Grandpa bought them.

We stopped on our way out to take pictures in these funny cut outs. Sage and Sydnee had a blast with this! They thought it was so much fun! We were looking at these pictures the other day and Sydnee said, "Look, Grandpa is a hula girl" and Sage responded with, "No, that's a hippo". I was laughing so hard. Just check out the picture of DeMar alone and you will see why she thought it was supposed to be a hippo! Ha-ha-ha! Too funny!

We had a great day today. This was an adventure worth taking and one that the kids will remember for a long time to come! We are so glad that Grandpa DeMar and Grandma Patty could come down and spend time with us. The kids always have a great time when they are here. We are so glad that we could have fun and make memories together.





5 comments:
How cool is that? What a fun and neat thing to go and do. I'd LOVE to go do that. Great pictures!
The Faire looks like a lot of fun! The turkey legs just cracked me up because Jamie and I were just discussing them on Sunday. (I guess they have them at Disneyland also.) Easton is such a handsome little guy and growing up way too fast!!!! Love, Auntie Trudy
That looks like so much fun! My kids would love something like that-looks like yours sure did!
GREAT PICS at the Festival. We have never been. I am afraid of the weirdo's there. I might get brave enough & visit next year. fun family times!
I don't know why we've never gone--it does look like lots of fun!
Post a Comment