Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Visit To The Cardiologist




On Tuesday, August 12th, we took Sydnee to see her cardiologist, Dr. Stock. We take her yearly just to make sure that her heart is doing good. She has to have a few things done while we are there. She has an EKG, they take her blood pressure on both arms and both legs, weight/height, and the main thing is the echo cardiogram. The only thing that hurts is taking off the little stickers after the EKG and of course they leave that up to the parents. Sydnee was really brave despite Matthew and I pulling off these insanely sticky stickers! She was so good during the whole appointment. I love the fact that she doesn't even blink an eye during the echo. Once the tech moves her into position, she becomes a statue. Last year she held so still that she fell asleep. Too funny! Dr. Stock told us that things look really good. Nothing has changed much from last year and that is so great! She doesn't have any restrictions and I love that! I'm glad that she can just be a normal kid. We love you Sydnee and we will forever be grateful to the pediatricians who sent us to Primary Children's Hospital to have your heart checked. Thank heavens they were so thorough with their evaluations and realized that you didn't have pulses in your feet, along with the murmur that they found. They knew that could be a severe problem and didn't even hesitate to get us where we needed to be. It is still amazing to me that you were such a tough little cookie to have surgery at 4 days old. We are grateful to a wonderful surgeon too. Thanks for being such a sweet angel. I just thought that I would add a few old pictures just for memory sake.

8 comments:

Sarah S. said...

She is a tough cookie. I love the older pictures of her. She is adorable.

Brad and Jana said...

I got tears reading this remembering going up to the hospital almost everyday taking my little Justice to see Syd. And waiting in the waiting room during surgery. What a blessing that she is doing so good! What a sweet angel!

Jen said...

Oh, Jess... I got all teary reading that! Looks like Jana did too! I remember being gigantically pregnant and sitting in that waiting room, so relieved to hear that all went well. She did so awesome! Aren't we so grateful for the technology they have these days? I can't imagine not having our funny little Syd around!

Corey and Jodie said...

Well, what do you know, I guess its the Chesnut curse, I got really teary too, especially when I saw the pictures. I am so greatful for our little Syd! I am so greatful for all the Docs that saved her precious life! What a true miracle and blessing! I can't believe she and Sage are so big! Sage looked so cute going to Kindergarten! Love you guys tonz!

Monica said...

Glad everything is going well! We miss you guys so badly? What are your future plans for good ole AZ? Keep in touch!!

Melissa Heaton said...

Jess/AKA Sis. Grace,

It's been ages since we talked. It was nice to get caught up with all of your news by reading your blog.

J-ME said...

I'm so happy that everything looked good with Syd's heart. What a brave little girl!
And Sage's school pictures are so adorable I love her little outfit. I love the idea of the paper bag show-n-tell on the 1st day what a great way to break the ice!!

the LAWRENCE family said...

Jess - McKayla's teacher, Mr. Mortensen, has been teaching at Forbes for 25 years!! So I am sure that it is the same teacher. I am impressed with him so far - he called us at home the week before school started to see if we have any concerns or specific things that we want to see addressed during this school year. And McKayla was excited to be in his class - that's always a good thing!