Thursday, August 28, 2008

Amazing Arizona Storm

Tonight we are having the most amazing thunder and lightning storm that I have ever seen. Our girls wanted to fall asleep while watching the lightning, so when I went into their room to shut their blinds I noticed the craziest non-stop lightening that I have ever seen. I went into our bedroom where Matthew was. We opened the blinds, turned off all the lights and just watched and listened for awhile. I don't know how long it had been going or how long it will last, but I definitely know that for at least 40 minutes their has been continual rolling thunder and non-stop strobe light lightning. It is amazing. Every now and again there will be a brighter lightning flash or a louder roll of thunder, but it hasn't stopped even for a second. Wow!! Isn't nature just incredible! I wish that all of you could see and hear it, because you just won't understand without experiencing it yourself. Anyway, I just had to share this because I was so enthralled with the beauty of it all. Oh, and by the way, I am only writing about this tonight because I am waiting for the laundry to get finished so that I can get to bed. What else is there to do while I'm waiting right?

4 comments:

Skelley Family said...

Simply Beautiful!!!! I love thunder and lightning storms. When we lived in New Mexico, the sky lit up so bright too. It is amazing.
Hey, sorry for Matt, that just stinks! But He is definetely a good man!

Lisa said...

I love the summer thunder storms!

Jen said...

Cool - I haven't seen/heard a great thunderstorm since we were in Virginia. We need one of those up here in UTAH!

Jen said...

Easton is a cute name!! Chace mentioned that name before Ryker but he has a nephew named Weston get where i'm coming from on that?
Thanks for writing me back I love having a blog so I can keep in touch with friends.