I can't believe that the day has arrived that my sweet Sage is starting kindergarten. Where does time go? She was definitely more ready for this day than I was. I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep from getting teary-eyed. On Monday, August 11th, I took her over to the school just before it was time for class. We are suppose to take them over and let them join in recess with the full day kids and then when the whistle blows, they line up with their teachers and head in to start their day. The weather is still too hot, so I hate to take her over too early. Well, I had time to take a few pictures, tell her that I love her and give her hugs and kisses. When they blew the whistle, she headed right over to line up. I was so proud of her. She was so brave and excited. She could hardly wait to get into class. I think that part of my emotions came from feeling pleased with how far she has come with her confidence. She is so awesome! I know that she will do great at school. One of the best parts is that her friend Cara is in her class. They will have a great time. Sage is such a sweetheart. I know that she will be so good for her teacher. I love that I don't have to worry about that. I will definitely miss her while she is at school, but I look forward to hearing all about her day when I pick her up.









The night before school started, I decided to ask Sage a few questions just to see what she would say. Here are the questions and her cute responses. I asked her, "How do you feel about starting kindergarten tomorrow?" She said, "Excited!! Grateful that I have one friend that I know and a lot of friends that I have to meet." Her response made me happy, because I have wondered if she would be up for meeting new friends. She can have a shy side sometimes. Too cute!! Next I asked her, "What do you think that you will do at school tomorrow?" She said, "Show and Tell, is that what it is called?" Her teacher gave each student a paper lunch bag to put some items in that will help others get to know them. These are the items that Sage chose and what she told the class. A Dora doll = She collects dolls. A toy horse = In the summertime she goes to her Grandpa's to ride horses. A rock that she painted red = Her favorite color is red. Swimming goggles = Her favorite sport is swimming. Reese's PB cup wrapper = This is her favorite treat. A book called, Hazel the Helpful Fairy = This is her favorite book. I just wish that I could have been there when she stood up to tell the class about the special things in her bag. I'm sure that I would have been sobbing. She also mentioned that after the other kids were done showing their stuff that she could say, "That is great stuff that you brought! Do you want to play with me?" I was just shocked that she even thought about that. She melts my heart with all of the thoughtful things that she says. Sage is our little angel! We love her so much!! P.S. - Doesn't she look so cute! She picked out her own outfit today. This was her favorite shirt that she got while we were out school shopping. I'm sure that she felt so pretty in it!!





5 comments:
Oh Jess... little Sage all grown up! We are counting down to Kindergarten here too. Bryson was a little jealous that Sage is already going!
Sage is so cute.. Tell her I love the outfit she picked out. Next year Brayden will be going to school, I can't wait but I know i will really be sad when that day comes.
I thought about you all day that day! She looks so cute and so grown up!! What a sweetie pie! I'm sure she loved it! And I ADORE those swimming pics....so very cute!!!
I feel your pain, except, I had to let 2 go at once. It was really hard for me. I even stayed the whole first day, and I even rode the bus home with them. It is so hard to let them go.
Wow, I can't believe that she is in Kindegarten. That is so crazy. Love the first day of school pictures.
Post a Comment