Thursday, September 24, 2009

Road Trip! (Catching up on our summer vacation)



We were so excited for Grandma Cheryl to fly down and drive to Utah with us. We wanted to go for a summer visit and Matthew wasn't able to take any work off, so my sweet mom offered to come down to our house and help us on the drive. These pictures of Sydnee and Easton were taken the day before she came. Easton is such a cutie when he wakes up and the girls love to go in and see him. He is getting way to big. Sydnee also made her very first peanut butter and jam sandwich. She did a great job! I'm always glad when my kiddos want to try new things. Way to go Syd!



Grandma Cheryl flew down from Utah on Thursday, July 23rd and we were so excited! We had been counting down the days. When she got here we smothered her with hugs and kisses and hardly let her breathe, but I'm sure that she didn't mind. She brought each of the kids something fun for the long drive. She brought the girls some super cute backpacks filled with notebooks, colored pencils etc. Sydnee put her doll/backpack around her neck like she was giving it a piggyback ride. It was cute. Easton got a soft bear and a cute frog toy. They were are thrilled!



We spent the entire day on Friday just having fun together in Arizona. Grandma wanted to have a little time with us at our house before we got on the road. We were happy about that. We had tons of fun just relaxing and spending time together. The kids had a great time swimming and playing with Grandma! We headed off to Utah the next morning and I am so glad that my mom was willing to make the drive with us. The kids were really good travelers, but I'm sure that it was because they had Grandma taking extra good care of them. Thanks again mom! I couldn't have done it without you, that's for sure!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Fun. Makes me wish it was right now and that you were heading up tomorrow!

Kerstin said...

Why didn't you tell me you were coming then? I would have loved to have seen you and the kids:)

Shelby Sorensen said...

Congratulations on the call into the bishopric! I guess your ward doesn't plan on you moving any time soon! Matt will do a great job! I would expect anything less from such a great family!

J-ME said...

What a great Grandma!! Happy B-day to Easton I really can't believe it's been a year. He's so STINKIN cute!!

Leah said...

Your mom is so cute and how fun to have her help! Love the pics!