Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Parade, Go-Cart Rides and a Rodeo......Nothing Gets Better Than That!



July 18th, 2009 - Day three in the mountains was filled with so much happiness and fun! We started off the day by going to the Snowflake parade. It was a pioneer celebration. I guess that they always celebrate the week before the 24th of July. It was so cute and such a good small town parade. I loved every bit of it and so did the kids. They loved waving at the rodeo queens and running for the candy that was thrown. We had a huge stash of candy when the parade was over. Parades are the best!





After the parade we went back to the cabin for some more fun! We were so excited about going for a ride in the go-cart! The kids loved it! They thought it was so cool to go fast! We had a blast! I let Sage and Sydnee sit on my lap and have a turn steering. Wow! That was an adventure. They did pretty good and they both thought it was so exciting. Easton even enjoyed the go-cart. He wasn't exactly sure what we were up to, but he liked being along for the ride.





I was so excited to take our kids to the rodeo that night! I have always loved rodeos and couldn't wait to see what our kids thought of it. Sage has been to one before, but she was just little and doesn't remember it. Since we've lived in Mesa we haven't been to a rodeo, so we were long overdue! I had fun getting the kids all decked out in their wranglers and boots. We have the cutest cowboy and cowgirls in our family. I just love them so much!



The kids loved being able to stand up by the fence and check out all the excitement and action. They loved every minute of the rodeo, but were really concerned when one of the cowboys got stepped on by the bull and had to be taken away in an ambulance. I reassured them that he was going to be fine, but just had a broken bone. They knew some of the cowboys and cowgirls by name too and even had their favorites. It was cute!



After the rodeo they had fireworks and that is always a favorite with our family. We had so much fun today! The kids were completely worn out when the day was done. On our drive back to the cabin Math and I looked in the backseat and we had the cutest view. All of our sweet kids were out like a light! What a great ending to a perfect day.


13 comments:

Brad and Jana said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Tons of cute pictures! Justice thought the go cart looked so cool:) The other day he wanted to go swimming in Uncle Math's pool! Funny huh! Love and miss you tons!

Jen said...

Fun! I think the last time I went to a rodeo was when Sage went to a rodeo. Hayden keeps talking about how you guys just live over the mountains... if only!! He wants to come over. Dang it! I wish we could.

the LAWRENCE family said...

Jess you're at it again... Letting someone drive that does not have a drivers license! Do you remember that? Those days were so fun - I miss you!

Reynolds Family said...

So cute! Love the wranglers!

jaMi n' beRt said...

I can not get over how big they all are.. you have a beautiful family!!!! good to check in on you and see how the fam is doing.. MISS YOU!!!

AudyCamp said...

You always get the greatest pictures!...love the wranglers. :)

Sarah S. said...

Thanks for leaving out the part where I got lost and took us an hour off of the beaten path with Trey screaming the entire time. Sheesh, so embarassing.

Lisa said...

What a fun weekend, It looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves. I love the rodeos pics and the one of the tired kids in the car. Too Cute.

Brooke said...

I love those pictures at the rodeo. Your girls look just like you in their wranglers and boots. I loved Easton in his tiny boots and jeans. They could be the ad for the rodeo :) Cute pictures... cute kids.

Loree said...

YEE-HAW!!!! looks like a rip roaring good time! love the kiddos in their wranglers and boots too! SOOOO CUTE!

The McNeil Family said...

I lved all your pictures.. I am jealous I want a camera like your! Your pictures are always so awesome. Cute cowboy and cowgirls!!

Rachel M said...

Your baby is getting so big! You have the cutest kiddos! Love the pic of them all asleep in the car:)

Shelby Sorensen said...

Whoa! I can't believe Easton is standing and only help from one hand! What a handsome little man! It has been too long since we've seen you guys, let's get together sometime!