Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Easton!!





I cannot believe that Easton is 1 year old! When did he grow up? He is such a good boy and we love having him in our family. We are so lucky to have Easton around to make us smile. He is so smart and very observant. I cannot believe the things that he pays attention to and tries to repeat. He is trying to walk these days. It is cute! You can tell that he knows we are excited. He really loves all of the attention that he gets when he is trying to balance and walk. We all love Easton so much and our family would not be the same without him.



September 14th, 2009 - First thing in the morning on Easton's birthday we opened presents. The girls could not stand to wait until after Sage got home from school, so we quickly did it before she had to leave. Sage and Sydnee decorated wrapping paper especially for Easton. They had a great time getting things ready for him. The girls were such good helpers for Easton. I don't know if he even had to lift a finger. The girls helped him open his presents and were happy to try the toys out for him. I don't think that Easton got to play with his toys for a little while. He was a little mad about that, but we quickly helped Sydnee see the happiness in sharing. Aren't birthdays so much fun for everyone?!?! Just thought I'd mention that Matthew is not trying to be a cool guy by wearing his sunglasses in the house. He had lasik eye surgery and his eyes were really sensitive to the light. Poor guy!



Sydnee gave Easton a ball with Lightening McQueen on it. Sage gave Easton a talking/singing school bus. Math and I gave Easton a fun little ball toy that spins and some new clothes. He loved playing with all of his new stuff. He also got to open a package from Grandpa DeMar and Grandma Patty in the morning. They sent some really cute books/play sets. Easton loved and enjoyed those too!





We decided that we should have a few friends over to help us celebrate. We would normally just keep it a simple family get together, but when all of our family members live in other states, we get to drag our friends over for the fun! Sage and Sydnee helped with the guest list since Easton is too young to know what is going on. I had to slow them down, because they would have invited all of their friends if I would have let them. I made this cute invitation to e-mail out and I like how it turned out. My sister Jen had taken some pictures for us while we were in Utah and I was so excited to use one on the invitation. Isn't our little cowboy so handsome!



I try to take a family picture of us on our kids birthdays. I think that it is fun to see us all together and to compare the changes throughout the years.



I decided to make Easton a sheriff badge cake this year. I had a lot of fun with it and I learned some new things about making my frosting smooth. I need to work on the writing, but at least it is legible. I ended up just making a sheet cake and had plenty left over to make a second cake for my little buddy. I just frosted this one quickly and put a horse, sheriff's badge and his name on top. I didn't want to waste the cake and I knew that we would probably need it for the party. It was fun to decorate it too. Simple, but fun. I knew that I couldn't get away with not having any goodie bags. I knew that the girls would not approve if I left them off the list, so we made sure that all of the kids went home with some candy and their very own sheriff's badge.



Easton was cute when it was time to sing happy birthday. He was all smiles when the kids were gathered around him at the table, but as soon as we started singing he got all shy and turned towards Matthew to snuggle closer and hide. He was still smiling, but a little more timidly. It was so cute! He was soaking up all of the attention that he was receiving.





I thought that Easton was going to dig into his cake and shove it in his mouth, but he was really only interested in the horse and candle on top. I should have given him the sheriff's badge cake to eat, because maybe he would have grabbed at it. I am really okay with it though, because I don't like the mess and it wastes perfectly good cake that we could all enjoy.



I loved watching our cute little friends get excited to give Easton his presents. Easton was excited too. He actually got to help unwrap things this time. He was excited about all of the fun gifts he received. He got some clothes, a book, a dump truck and a box of tissues. I loved the idea of a box of tissues as a gift for a one year old. We put Easton on the floor with his tissues in front of him and all of the kids gathered around. He loved pulling one out and then pulling out another and then another. He thought it was pretty cool and so did I. He has played with it a few times since his birthday and thinks it's just as cool every time he does it! Just for memory sake I thought that I would mention that during his party Easton took off walking for the first time all alone. He was standing next to the couch and decided to just take off. I had to dive to save him from falling flat on his face, but it was so cute that he was so confident and decided to walk all on his own. He kept doing it over and over because we were all laughing and making such a fuss. He knew that all eyes were on him and he was showing off. What a funny little man. He was the life of the party that's for sure!





After the party we went to the mailbox and there was a package with gifts from Papa Bob and Grandma Cheryl and the Page family. Papa and Grandma sent new clothes and a caterpillar tractor toy. The pages sent him a caterpillar truck toy. He loved them and had so much fun driving them all around the floor! He played for the longest time and was thoroughly entertained. Thanks to everyone who spoiled our little man rotten with phone calls and presents for his birthday. You are all way to sweet. We appreciate the love that you showed for Easton. He could tell that it was his special day. Thanks again!



Happy Birthday Easton! We love you so much and think that you are so special. You bring a lot of smiles and happiness to our home. We are so blessed to have you in our family.





Isn't this face just way too cute?!?! Easton loves dogs and he goes around barking all the time. He says, "buw wuw wuw" when we ask him what the puppy or dog says. I love it! What a smart little cookie!

12 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

I love all of Easton's cute pictures. You sure do a great job. It is crazy to think that we had baby's a year ago. You are such a wonderful creative mom. I wish I could do half of the stuff you do. Do you think I can pay u to take pictures of Brody? Let me know,

Jen said...

Jess... you really know how to throw a party! :) Easton is so cute, and I LOVE all the pictures. I love his smile in your cute little family picture too. What a cute and fun post.

Johnna Jayne said...

I can't believe he is one! Very cute pictures. Good job on a super cute party.

The Melville's said...

Happy Birthday to Easton! One year, crazy! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Wish we could have been there. I like the one where Matthew and Easton are looking at eachother and they are both smiling. Too cute! We miss you guys!

Leah said...

Oh!! Sweet little man! Happy birthday to your baby! He is so cute! and the party was so fun!

Loree said...

I can't believe he is 1 already! MAN time flies! well he is sure one handsome little man! The party looked so fun! Good times :)

Kara said...

What a darling one year old! Cute party too! Your cakes are amazing! I am, as always, so impressed :)

Tawni said...

Wow, can't believe he grew that fast! It's soo much faster since we don't get to see you guys anymore.
LOVE his pictures, he is soo darn cute!

Sarah S. said...

Easton was definetly the life of the party. He was so funny. What a cute kid he is. We had a fun time and you can drag us around as your "family" anytime. :)

Moore Fun said...

Oh my goodness what a handsome boy! I LOVE the party ideas. They grown up soo fast.

Jen said...

I can't believe he is the BIG 1 already !!!! he is so cute- Love all the pictures

Reynolds Family said...

Has a year gone by already? Wow! He is so darling!