Friday, July 10, 2009

Our Sweet Sydnee is 4!







June 27th, 2009 - Time sure does fly! When did our little girl grow up? I cannot believe that Sydnee is four years old. We are so glad that Sydnee is a part of our family and we love her so much! She is such a cute, funny, sweet, talented, smart, and special angel. Sydnee was very excited about her summer fun birthday and we went crazy with the watermelon theme and colors. I even happened to have gift bags that matched too! Syd was so excited to open her presents. She was hilarious. She would pull out the tissue paper and just throw it. Too funny! We gave her a Gabriella doll, a Sharpay singing doll with a microphone, a High School Musical dance mat game, a barbie car and a new shirt. She was thrilled with her gifts. She loves High School Musical and when she was asked what kind of a birthday party she was having, she would respond, "A summer fun and high school musical party". I felt that we should throw HSM into it somehow, so doing it through the gifts worked well.





Sydnee got spoiled by her Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. What a lucky little girl to be so loved! She got so many fun things. The Staffords gave her two ponyville sets and a light up HSM bracelet. Pony's are a favorite and Syd was so impressed that her bracelet could light up. The Murrays gave her "100 rings" :) , bracelets and necklaces. Sydnee was wishing for 100 rings, so her dreams really came true. The Pages gave her a real watch with a cute beaded band. She was so excited because it was just like mom's watch! Papa Bob and Grandma Cheryl gave her a super cute outfit, a HSM clock and a "marrying barbie". She loved all of these gifts, but she has wanted a marrying barbie forever and was so happy when she opened it. Grandpa DeMar and Grandma Patty sent her a WalMart gift card and I had the chance to take her shopping. Thanks for that opportunity. We had so much fun! She filled the cart with everything that she wanted and then we narrowed it down to her favorite items. She ended up with a Sharpay dress and wig, a cash register, or how she says it "cash-de-dollar", because she can't remember what it is called and a diary that has a key to lock it up. She thought it was pretty cool to swipe her own card and pay for the toys. Thanks everyone for the gifts and phone calls on Sydnee's special day! Her day was extra happy and special because of all of you. We appreciate all of the love that was shown to Sydnee.





I had a lot of fun creating Sydnee's watermelon cake and she was excited about it and loved it a lot! I think that her favorite part was the seeds. She always wanted to make sure that there were seeds on the piece that she was eating. I thought that was funny. She was so happy to turn four. She was sitting at the kitchen table and asked, "Am I four?" and then jumped out of her chair, stood up and said, "Do I look four?". It was so cute! She cracks me up!


Sydnee had a coupon for a free Cold Stone ice cream and she could hardly wait to go and get it. Math and I took her over and she was so excited about being able to pick out her own flavor and 1 mix-in. She was looking at the colors while I was reading the flavors. Suddenly she interrupted and asked what the blue one was. I told her it was cotton candy and she said, "I want cotton candy". She then picked gummy bears to go in it. Boy was she thrilled! I love that the most simple things can make a child happy.





The picture of Sydnee in her crown is from the Sunday before her birthday. I conducted in primary this month and was able to call Sydnee up and put her birthday crown on her. We sang a happy birthday song and I think that she felt like such a big girl. It was cute. Sydnee was such a sweetheart on her birthday. We really enjoyed her and I hope that she will always know how special she is to our family. She has beautiful eyes, a tender heart and she is always willing to help! We couldn't ask for a better 4 year old! We love you Sydnee!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Where oh where did those 4 years go? Oh right... they went to Arizona! Dang it. I sure wish we could have been there. Cash-de-dollar - that totally cracked me up! She is beautiful, and it looks like she had the best birthday. WE LOVE YOU SYD!

J-ME said...

What a cutie! I love the cake & party theme. Looks like a GREAT day!!

Loree said...

what a great birthday for Syd! she made out like a fat cat! fun presents, cool cake and the cutest pics! birthdays are the best! :)

Sarah S. said...

It looks like Sydnee had a great birthday. Boy howdy did you throw her a good bash.

Tawni said...

It's not wierd enough having 1 old kid, but when your 2nd starts to get old too, it's very wierd!
You are pretty crafty! LOVE the happy birthday sign (gonna have to make one of those myself), and lovin the watermelon cake & cupcakes, how fun is that!

Kami said...

I LOVE the picture of Sydnee with the Barbie wig on!!! I laughed right out loud on that one. And her cake was AMAZING! What a cutie girl. I remember her being a baby, she's all grown up now.