Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yipee!! We Had Visitors!!

We were so excited to have visitors this month! Brad, Jana, Justice, Talon and Cardon came down to see us from May 21st- May 27th. This was actually the Page's third time coming down to Mesa. We had a great time with them while they were here. They got here really late on Wednesday night, so I just stumbled out to say hello and tell them where all the beds were set up. On Thursday we took them to the mall to eat lunch and ride on the double decker carousel. Sage, Sydnee and Justice thought that was super fun. I don't have pictures, but Jana has some cute ones. Today was such a rainy and cold day. It was crazy! We wanted HOT weather so that we could spend a lot of time swimming, but things didn't work out that way. Oh well, what do you do. When Matthew got home we went to The Bass Pro Shop to wander around. The kids loved the big fish tank and the animal mounts are always a hit.


On Friday we ended up going to a fun place called Jeepers. It is a little indoor amusement park. The best part was that parents ride free with a paying child!! I think that Jana and I loved the bumper cars even more than the kids did. Sage love the bumper cars too, because she was big enough to drive them all by herself. We had the best time there and laughed so much. The kids didn't want to leave, but sometimes you have to take a break to eat, right?!?!?!?! We went out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's because Jana and I were in the mood for a salad bar. I don't know how I could forget to mention that Matthew and Brad put new lights in our living room! They look awesome and now we can actually be in there without sitting in the dark. The boys picked the lights out too and they did a great job! Thanks guys!




On Saturday we went to the Zoo. It was a fun day! The weather was really nice while we were there, but still not warm enough to get the pool heated up. We saw tons of animals and loved watching the kids get excited over the simple things. These other pictures are of fun stuff that happened after the zoo. Sydnee and Justice were so cute brushing each others hair. The kids had fun snuggling with Brad and Jana on the air mattress and we put glitter in the kids hair just for fun. It didn't work out too well, but the kids thought that it was pretty cool. You can't see the glitter in the picture, but you can sure see the star bursts that the kids have stuck to their teeth!


On Sunday we went to church and some people thought that Jana was me and that I dyed my hair. Pretty much they thought that we look exactly alike. We don't think so, but I just have to say thanks!! That is a huge compliment to me to say that I look like my sis!! After church we ate dinner and headed out to take a few snapshots of the Page family. Justice was your average 2 1/2, almost 3 year old and wasn't into posing for a picture. We ended up with some decent ones where everyone was looking. Too bad I am not a professional, or they could have some great pictures. Oh well, we were just capturing their family all together right? They are a dang cute family, so it would have been impossible not to get a few good shots. I can't resist posting a few pictures of their cute family. Love you guys!

On Monday we attempted to swim. We tried to heat the pool/spa up so that it would be bearable. We spent most of our time in the spa, but a few brave souls jumped into the pool and tried to have a good time. This was Talon and Cardon's first swimming experience and they loved it. They were so cute floating around, smiling and laughing. Sage, Sydnee and Justice loved playing together and being silly. We ended up being outside for about 4 hrs. and most of us came out with some degree of a sunburn. Those who put on sunscreen didn't suffer near as bad as those who thought they didn't need any. Hee-Hee! We got cleaned up and headed off to Golden Corral for dinner. We love going there. The kids favorite part is the huge choice of dessert that follows dinner. My favorite part is the delicious rolls! YUMMY!



We had such a great time with the Page's and we miss them a lot. Thanks you guys for taking your vacation at our house. We love you tons and had such a great time while you were here! We miss being neighbors with you! We'll be waiting for your next visit. Love ya!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Jess, I think the pics you took of the Page Fam are great. Looks like you guys had fun. If gas wasn't so dang much, we'd come on down too! I wish we could!

the LAWRENCE family said...

Sounds like you guys had tons of fun! Super cute pictures.

Brad and Jana said...

Hey you are on top of it! I am hoping to post soon! We sure miss you and wish we could come again really soon! Justice thinks we could get in the car and just drive down, if it were only that easy! We love and miss you tons! Can't wait to see you soon! Jana

Skelley Family said...

Visitors sure do mean alot more when you live far away in a different state. I'm glad they came. Hello, your sister's twins are so cute. It totally reminded me of those days. Looks like yall had a blast! Your kids are so dang cute!

Leah said...

Awww...those are some great pics! We will have to check out Jeepers...thanks for the yummy food tonight...can't wait to have it tommarow. I have been meaning to call you. That 2nd family pic looks just awesome! So glad you guys had a good time!!

Steffy said...

Looks like so much fun. You really know how to treat vistors! I love the pictures.

Lisa said...

What a fun time. It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. Cute Kids!

Monica said...

we miss you!! I hope all is well!