Friday, May 9, 2008

It's a Boy!!


It is true!! We are going to have a BABY BOY at our house. Pretty crazy. What will we do with a boy? I am not quite sure. Can I dress him in pink and do his hair all pretty? Just joking!! I think that I will love doing his hair, because it will only take 30 seconds. Well, we found out in February that we were expecting, but we have kept it a SECRET until yesterday. I am 19 weeks along and things seem to be going just fine. The babies due date is October 3rd, but I am guessing that he will arrive at the end of September. The doctor wanted us to have a level II ultrasound because Sydnee had heart problems and they would like to take a closer look at this babies heart. We don't know the results as of yet, but I am not worried about it. We told Sage and Sydnee on the way to the ultrasound appointment that we were going to have a new baby and they didn't give us the reaction that I was expecting. Sage didn't believe us and basically said that she was just fine with us having just the two girls. Sydnee was okay with the idea, but kept it pretty clear that she was voting for a baby girl. Sage believed us after the ultrasound started. They liked seeing the baby and hearing his heartbeat. At one point the tech showed us the babies "footprint" and Matthew asked Sage what size of shoe she thought that the baby wears and Sage gave him the cutest response. She said, "The same size as it's foot". Well, duh!! Isn't that such a cute and logical answer. After we were done with the appointment, Sydnee was still wishing for a girl, but she has since come to the understanding that the baby is going to be a brother and she is excited about being a big sister. After we had been home for awhile I think that the whole situation began to make sense to Syd. She came up to me and had the cutest look on her face and said, "Mom, do you have a baby in your tummy?" I told her yes and then she smiled and said, "Can I see it?" Oh, too cute!! I wish that she could see him, but all she'll see is a round belly, so I guess that she'll have to wait. Sage keeps reminding us that now we will have 3 girls and 2 boys and that means 5 people in our family. She is excited that we will have the same amount of people in our family that her friend Aubree has. Both Sage and Sydnee are very excited or as Syd would say it, "exciged". They would come up to me throughout the day and touch, rub and pat my stomach. Sydnee even kissed it at one point just out of the blue. I thought that was such a cute moment. Sage thought that she needed to kiss it after that too. They are silly. They are looking forward to feeling their brother move. They continue to ask me if he is awake or asleep. Kids are so sweet, simple and special. I love my girls so much and I know that they will be the best big sisters ever!! We have truly been blessed in our lives with sweet, healthy, beautiful children and we look forward to having a little man in our family to mix things up a bit. I tend to ramble on my blog, but it is really the only journal that I keep, so please just hang in there and try not to get too bored! Oh yeah, one more side note.....the ultrasound pictures that we got yesterday are so goofy!! I have the cutest profiles of my girls in their ultrasounds, but this poor little guy ended up with the craziest pictures ever! I am leaving one out though. They gave us a close-up view of his boy parts with the words It's a boy!! above the picture. Oh man, that is just too much for me. I am not into that. I could have done without that "special" picture. Anyway, here are the crazy pics for you to see and some of Math, the girls and I after we found out that It's a boy!!

This picture was from the 1st ultrasound on 3-18-08. If you look really close, you can see his leg poking up on the left side. It is the super skinny zig zag line that you see. I love it!! His knee is bent and you can see his little foot!! Only a mother would get teary eyed over that.

These pictures are the "fabulous" ones that we got yesterday. The top far left is the front view of his face, the next one is his lips and nose (I think that it is a front view with his arm across his face??) and the one on the bottom is pretty obvious. He's laying face down head on the right side and little spine on top. Thanks again for looking and reading this post!! See ya later.



14 comments:

Brad and Jana said...

We are so excited! I can't wait for you to have a little boy running around! I will have to start saving up now so I will be able to come again after he is born!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I am so excited for you. Congrats!

Steffy said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations to you guys! That will be so fun!

jaMi n' beRt said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you.. boys are Boys..and he will defenitly mix things up..that is awesome..you look great!!!

the LAWRENCE family said...

Congratulations! This is super exciting news! I can't wait to see more pictures of you and your cute family. And, I can also attest that boys definately mix thing up!! You will have so much fun!

Leah said...

I loved reading this....I can't wait to meet him! So much fun!!!!

J-ME said...

That is so exciting. It sounds like we are due around the same time FUN! We'll have to swap tips for boys & girls (:
Congrats!

Jen said...

That is so exciting your having a little boy!!!! congrats !!!

kEnZiE b said...

YAY!! That is so exciting, CONGRATS!!

Skelley Family said...

YEEHAW! CONGRAT'S YOUNG FAMILY!
You will totally LOVE doing his hair! Boys are so, so, so, much easier than girls. And especially a whole lot less D R A M A !!!!!!
Wish you were closer, but thank goodness for blogging. Love ya!

Tawni said...

I did NOT know you were pregnant. I am sooooooooo stinkin excited for you guys, oh my gosh!! And a BOY, yea!! It is soo much fun to mix it up after having 2 of the same 1st. I bet matthew is sooo stinkin excited! How did you manage to keep that one a secret for soo long? i popped out way too fast with saige.

Kat said...

JESS!
That is soooo GREAT! You make cute babies I can't imagine the boy version! Hope you are doing well and can't wait to see him someday.
Love ya!
Kat

The Rocking Radmalls said...

I am very exciged for you too! You will love a son. They are a whole different experience! :)

Jen said...

You know I'm excited for you... you are totally following our pattern. 2 girls, then a boy. Boys are AWESOME! I wouldn't give mine back for millions of dollars. They keep me laughing (and running). I can't wait to see a little BOY Young running around! YAY!