Saturday, May 3, 2008

Father's and "Son's" Campout


As all of you know, we don't have any boys at our house, so Matthew took the girls on the father's and son's camp out this weekend. They were all very excited to go. I was looking forward to a little alone time, but when they left I felt lonely and wasn't sure what to do with myself. I stayed busy and had a lot of fun, but they had the best time of all.
Math and the girls set up their tent next to our good friends (L-R) Logan, Aaron and Trey Stephens. Sage told me that they had a skinny-tall tent and that her tent was a short-wide tent. I loved hearing her version of the camp out stories. Aaron had some rope in his truck, so he and Matthew rigged up a fun swing for the kids. That was one of the first things that the girls told me about. It looks like they had a blast. Sage said that she and Logan went really high!! I am so glad that Math took such fun pictures so that I could see them and share them with all of you.
It is so fun to see my girls with their extra smiley, dirty little faces. I love them so much!! They went on a couple of hikes and Math said that they did so good. They were great little hikers and Sage was so good at climbing trees too. They wore their cowboy boots just like dad, but we threw in the tennis shoes for all the hiking. Sage told me that when they were hiking, they saw a cowboy fire. I wasn't quite sure what she meant, but Math told me that the girls had a spot that they found on their hike that they called the cowboy place and there was a fire pit there, so that is why it was referred to as a cowboy fire. They roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire and they loved sleeping in the tent. Matthew and the girls had the greatest time ever!! When Math asked Sydnee if we should go camping again and take mom, her reply was "Mom's don't go camping." I'm sure that is because I told her that mom's couldn't go on this camp out. It is great to have my wonderful family back home with me again even with their strong smell of campfire.
Camping is always such a fun and exhausting adventure. We had lunch and got everybody showered and clean and then it was time for naps. Matthew zonked out first and was out for most of the afternoon. Sage is always our non-napper. She played all afternoon and spent time on the computer. I have a great story about Sydnee though. She was sitting on my bed while I was blow drying her hair. She thought that she needed lipstick, so I grabbed some chapstick for her. She was putting on way too much, so I leaned around to tell her that she needed to give it back to me. I started laughing, because she was falling asleep while putting the chapstick on her lips. I ran for the camera and got a few cute pictures. She was out for the count and had a nice long nap. Well, thanks for reading my rambling stories. Sorry that this was such a long post, but I couldn't resist sharing all of these pictures.

7 comments:

Jen said...

That was so sweet of Mathew to take the girls with him camping I bet they had a blast:)It is nice to have some alone time once in a while. Your girls are darling!!!

Leah said...

Jes
That last pics was HILARIOUS!!! That's so cute that he took them....what did you do while they were gone?

Sarah S. said...

It sounds like they did Awesome, and nobody even fell in the fire. Woohoo! The boys had fun with your girls. I think Logan is starting a little crush on Sage. Maybe we can arrange their marriage like that movie we saw this weekend.

the LAWRENCE family said...

Your girls are so cute! Trevor took all of the kids, and the dog camping; with out me. He usually just took them up the canyon but it was durring the week so I had to stick around for work. :( I think it is so good for the kids and dad to spend time together without mom! It looks like they had tons of fun! And I love reading your stories!

Lisa said...

Jess,

Oh my gosh that picture of Sydnee falling a sleep is so dang cute. It looks like they had a great time :)

Skelley Family said...

I LOVE THAT MATT TOOK THE GIRLS. WHAT A GREAT DAD! I LOVE THE PICTURES. LOOKS LIKE THEY HAD A BALL. IF THEY THOUGHT CAMPING WITH DAD ON THE FATHER'S AND SON'S WAS FUN, THEIR GONNA LOVE GIRLS CAMP! BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE THEIR LEADER! I LOVE THE CHAPSTICK PICTURE. TOTALLY A CLASSIC.
FUN TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE UP TO JESS. LOVE YA AND MISS YA!

Brad and Jana said...

That looked so much fun! The girls probably enjoyed getting a little dirty huh? Not long til we are there! YEAH!