Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sage's First Day of 2nd Grade



August 25th, 2010 - Today was Sage's first day of 2nd grade and also her first day at Snow Springs Elementary. She was excited, but also a little nervous. Last night she asked Math to give her a blessing and then she told me that she didn't feel nervous anymore. I am thankful for the power of the priesthood and I am glad that Sage was able to have a Father's Blessing to help her to feel calm about her first day at a new school.



This morning we got Sage all ready to go, packed her lunch and backpack, took some pictures and headed off to school. She told me that her tummy hurt and I just reminded her that she was probably excited and a little nervous, but that everything would be okay. We weren't sure where we needed to go to park or drop her off, but we figured it out and I actually just ended up dropping her off and letting her go into the school on her own. I kept asking her if she wanted me to park and walk in with her and she said that it would be okay if I just dropped her off. She told me that she would be okay and that she could remember where her class was. She would just look for her teachers name or the picture of an ice cream cone on her classroom door. I think that she was nervous that we would be late if we parked and walked over to the school. Too cute!



Sage is such a brave and sweet girl. I wasn't quite as brave as her. I hid my teary-eyes behind my sunglasses though so I wouldn't upset Sage or Sydnee. My heart just ached as I had to send her off to school today. I will miss her while she is gone each day, but I look forward to hearing all about her amazing school experiences. I was so proud of her for going into a new situation with so much confidence. She was all smiles when we picked her up after school. She had a good day, met a few new kids and enjoyed her teacher. I am glad that she had a positive experience. I love Sage with all my heart and I am so thankful that she is the oldest in our family. She is a great example for her sister and brother. What a beautiful and sweet angel she is.

5 comments:

Jen said...

She IS such a brave little sweetie! I don't know if I could have been that brave... going to a new school, with new people that you don't even know. She's amazing :) I'm glad her first day was great, and I love the pics of her walking into school.

Lisa said...

Wow, I can't believe school is starting again. She is so cute! I would be so scared to start in a new school. She is one brave girl.

I'm glad you are blogging again, I missed seeing what your family been up too.

Brad and Jana said...

She looked so cute! I am glad that our kiddos get to go together! Sage is a great example to Justice and Syd. I know she will make tons of friends fast!

jkeagar said...

Ok... so I am totally bawling! I love your girls so much. I miss them terribly. Can't wait to see you guys.

The McNeil Family said...

Miss your cute Family!! I am glad that we have blogs to help us watch our families grow up.