Saturday, November 22, 2008

Who has the best dad?.....We do!!!

Math took the girls coyote hunting with him and our friend Aaron back in October and they had the time of their lives! They love to go hunting with their dad. Sage and Sydnee feel so special and feel like such big girls when they do fun things like this. Matthew is such a great dad and I love that he wants to take the girls out to do special things with him. He is such a loving, kind, and wonderful dad. Sage and Sydnee both got to shoot the .22 and they thought that it was so cool! They will never forget all of the many memories made with their dad.

In November Math had a scout campout that fell through, so he decided to take the girl's out camping because he was already packed up and ready to go. They were so excited and could hardly wait to get out of the house and head to the mountains. They helped set up the tent and get camp ready. They roasted hot dogs and marshmallows to eat. They sat by the campfire and saw the beautiful full moon. Sage had to call me on the phone to tell me about the full moon. It was so sweet. They went out hiking the next morning and had tons of fun with dad! They are so lucky to have a dad who loves them and spends quality time with them. I'm going to have to talk Matthew into journaling all of these special things that I'm not around for, because I'm sure that he would have fun stories to tell and could fill in all of the details that I miss. We'll see if I can get him to do that next time.



Matthew is always so good about helping out with dinner. One night he was making up scones and decided to cut them out with cookie cutters into fun shapes. Sage thought that it would be fun to help, so she jumped in and together they made an extra fun meal for all of us. Matthew is always making life happy around our house. If Sage looks a little sad in these pictures, it is because some hot grease splattered and burned her arm. Poor girl, that always hurts. Thanks Matthew for being the greatest dad ever! Our kids are so lucky to have you for their dad and I am lucky to have you too!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Justice was watching "Where the Red Fern Grows" and he was sure they were hunting coyotes...I wonder where her heard about that??
Your girls are lucky to have such a fun and loving Dad!

Brad and Jana said...

Math always does such fun things with the girls! They are lucky for sure!

Jen said...

He is a fun dad. We love Math!