


Monday was the opening day of the dove hunt and our family was definitely ready! DeMar came down to hunt with Matthew and spend time with our family. We had a lot of fun with him here. The girl's could hardly wait for their special hunting day with Dad and Grandpa. Sage got to go out with them on Tuesday and Sydnee went out on Wednesday. They had to wake up around 4:00am and both of them did really good. I could hear their little voices as they talked with excitement the whole time they got ready to go. I was told that they were such good girls. Sage helped pick up all the shells and Sydnee helped with the shells and the birds. I guess it didn't bother Syd to gather up dead doves. I love the fact that my girls like to hunt and that they have a Dad who loves to take them along. I think that both Sage and Sydnee felt very special going hunting with Dad and Grandpa. I was worried about Sage getting up so early on a school day. I thought for sure that she would fall asleep and have a nap before school, but somehow she just kept on going all day long. She had tumbling/cheer class that night and almost fell asleep on the way there, but pulled out enough energy to tumble and dance for an hour. I don't know how she had the energy to make it through. Sydnee on the other hand fell asleep after she got home and slept for hours. She was worn out! DeMar drew a great picture for us of Matthew, Sage and Sydnee out on the dove hunt. Thanks! I love his drawings and I am so glad that he shares his talent with us! Thanks for coming down Grandpa. We had a great time with you!





4 comments:
So Cute!!!
Matt is so brave. That is the last thing my husband would want to do is take the girls on a hunt. Maybe your girls are so much better and well mannered than ours. Maybe they are more independent and don't get scared like mine do. Also, the wining. Hello, that is enough to make all the birds just get the heck out of dodge. Hello, it sounds like I don't love my girls, but let's face it, they are how they are, and I do love them. Go Matt! Now that I think of it, maybe it's my husband. Just kidding! No, actually maybe Matt has alot more patients than my husband. Uh, lets go with that!!!
Love the picture that DeMar drew! Totally love it!!!!
Good luck Jess in the next few weeks. I'm excited for you!
how fun for your girls.. And what a great dad! So how you doing? Any changes since last night I talked to you? I feel like this last month it going to take forever..
So cute. How fun that they took the girls. Awesome DeMar drawing... as usual. Fun pictures.
Post a Comment