Saturday, September 6, 2008

More Dove Hunting

This morning Matthew and Sage went dove hunting with Aaron, Logan and Trey Stephens. They had such a good time! They told me that there were tons of birds out today and it was a great hunt. Sage helped pick up the birds this time. Maybe it doesn't bother her after all. Sage even shot the shotgun with Math's help. She said that it kicked back and hurt her shoulder though. Matthew and Aaron had gotten their limit first thing, so they took the kids to McDonalds for breakfast and let them play on the toys. What fun Dads! When they got home, Sage headed right outside with Matthew to clean the birds. Now that is where I draw the line. She is a tough girl! I love to hunt, but cleaning birds........not happening. I am so glad that Sage went out hunting today. That is something that I've always hoped that our kids would enjoy. If you're wondering why Sydnee didn't go, it isn't because Matthew didn't ask her. When he asked her if she wanted to go dove hunting with him again on Saturday, she said, "No. It's boring, hot and sunny." What??? She had the time of her life when she went on Wednesday. The things three year olds say. She is a crack up!

3 comments:

Brad and Jana said...

I would love to go bird hunting! I have never been! How fun!

Jen said...

I love that Math takes your girls. So awesome!

Cheryl said...

I know I'm slow making a comment, but I love that Math wants to take the girls and involve them. He is making the best memories for them! What a good Dad!
MOM