Awhile back Sage was talking to her cousin Eryn who was telling her about donating her hair to locks of love. After learning that you give your hair to kids who don't have any, she immediately wanted to do it too. We have been waiting to make sure that her hair was long enough and I was also making sure that she really wanted to do it. You have to donate a minimum of 10" of hair. Sage donated almost 11". She was really excited about doing it! She thought that it would be fun to have short hair too. My friend Danielle took such good care of her. Sage was really good during the whole process. We think that she looks so cute with her fun new haircut. I am also touched by her excitement to give to a child in need. She has such a sweet and tender heart. When she showed up to preschool with her new haircut, they made such a big fuss over her. They asked if it was a planned idea and I told them that she had made the decision to donate her hair. Her teacher, Mrs. Gormann, got chills when I told her and she had to give Sage a hug and tell her that it was a special thing to do. She also announced it to the whole class and all the high school students that help out. They thought that was neat too. It was cute. I think that Sage felt special, but I could tell that she was a little embarrassed about being the center of attention. I'll have to admit that she gets that from me. We love Sage so much!!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Locks of Love
Awhile back Sage was talking to her cousin Eryn who was telling her about donating her hair to locks of love. After learning that you give your hair to kids who don't have any, she immediately wanted to do it too. We have been waiting to make sure that her hair was long enough and I was also making sure that she really wanted to do it. You have to donate a minimum of 10" of hair. Sage donated almost 11". She was really excited about doing it! She thought that it would be fun to have short hair too. My friend Danielle took such good care of her. Sage was really good during the whole process. We think that she looks so cute with her fun new haircut. I am also touched by her excitement to give to a child in need. She has such a sweet and tender heart. When she showed up to preschool with her new haircut, they made such a big fuss over her. They asked if it was a planned idea and I told them that she had made the decision to donate her hair. Her teacher, Mrs. Gormann, got chills when I told her and she had to give Sage a hug and tell her that it was a special thing to do. She also announced it to the whole class and all the high school students that help out. They thought that was neat too. It was cute. I think that Sage felt special, but I could tell that she was a little embarrassed about being the center of attention. I'll have to admit that she gets that from me. We love Sage so much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
Her hair looks so dang cute short! McKayla just had her's cut last weekend, almost the same way. I can't believe how much Sage looks like you! At least I am not the only one with a clone. ;) I love to see your pictures since I don't get to talk to you nearly enough! Have a great weekend.
I love her hair so much like this! She is such a little model.
I just love it!! I think we need to do a photoshoot with that new hair and my new red chair!! What do you think? She is just so cute!
It must be in the air. My girls donated their long hair too. I love Sage's new look. It is so adorable. I love my girls hair short, but they have already told me they want to grow it out again. Well, I guess they are true girls, not being able to make up their minds. Anyhow, I love your cute little family!
Sage's haircut is so cute. She looks adorable. What a sweet girl to want to do that on her own!
Her hair is so cute! I love little girls with bob hair cuts .Just in time for summer!
She looks so cute and grown up!! That is so cool that she donated her hair to locks of love! You guys are awesome!
I love, love, love little girls with bob haircuts. Sage looks adorable as always. What a sweetheart she is and what a fabulous mom you are.
Jess, she reminds me more of you with that cut! You really have the prettiest girls. That is so sweet of her. She really is so giving to do that for another kid!
Her hair looks so cute. That is so cool that she decided to do that.
That was the cutest thing!! Her hair was sooo stinking long! I love her new doo. She is the cutest little girl, I just love her! And that name, I think that is the cutest name I have ever heard. hehe-Ü
Hey Jess-
Your blog is so dang cute. Your kids are growing up fast. They are way cute. I love Sage's new do:)
Hi Jessica, loved your blog. I miss you guys. How sweet is Sage! I wonder if Olivia would remember you guys? Let's get together and find out!
Love, Anissa
Post a Comment