Saturday, March 13, 2010

What Did You Girls Just Say?????

Okay, I have to admit that I am in total shock over something that my girls said today and it is so good that I had to share! We have a new way of cleaning up at our house and we call it clipboard clean up. I made my girls some cute clipboards and they love them so much that I decided that using them for cleaning would be a great idea! We clip on a piece of paper and for every item that they clean up and put away in the correct place, they receive 1 point, or as we like to call it, 1 tally mark. Well anyway, today we were doing a quick clipboard clean up before bed time and the girls had cleaned up pretty much everything in sight, so I told them that they had done a great job and they were welcome to stop now and have a pop-tart break. They looked at me like I was crazy and told me that they did not want to stop and that they still wanted to clean and earn points! WHAT???? Are you serious?? I have hit the jack pot with this idea! YIPEE!! Life might just get better after all. Okay, so some of you might be wondering what happens with the points that they earn while cleaning. I am going to do different things each time. It could be a cash reward (small change "allowance" - we don't give our kids an allowance, so they will love getting some $), it could be computer time, it could be a chance to stay up 30 minutes past bed time, it could be extra reading/telling stories at bedtime, it could be a chance to pick out of our prize box etc. Hopefully it will stay exciting and fun for them, because for two days in a row my girls have picked up the house without complaint and I had fun working along side them with a smile on my face! I love when ideas equal success!!

No comments: