Halloween is such a fun holiday. It is fun to dress up and head out trick-or-treating. I was glad when Sage and Sydnee decided to be witches. What easy costumes. We ended up buying dresses and hats, but the capes were ones that my sisters and I wore when we were little. My mom made them for us and they are still looking as good as ever! We were lucky to have the pirate costume for Easton loaned to us by a friend in our ward, Alva Lopez. It is the cutest costume ever!

Sydnee was actually planning on being a ballerina for Halloween in the beginning, but when she saw the dress and hat that I was getting for Sage, she decided that she wanted to be a witch too. She liked the purple hat, so we decided to add cute purple striped tights to top off the outfit! What a cute little witch!

Easton was NOT excited about dressing up in his costume. I put it on him and he immediately started trying to rip it off. Oh no! All I wanted was a few pictures to remember how handsome he looked, so I told Math that he was going to have to be my assistant. Easton loves this silly toy dagger and wasn't about to put it down, so I figured it would just go with the pirate theme. He kept trying to rip his hat off, so I finally grabbed a rock and put it in his hand so that both hands were occupied. It worked! I was able to get a few pictures where he wasn't having a fit. Here they are and down below you will see Easton's real feelings about Halloween and costumes!

Sage wanted to be a witch from the beginning and she was excited about her costume. She thought that her striped tights were so cool. (Until she put them on and they didn't feel good to her...YIKES!) Both of the girls thought it was neat to wear capes that Grandma Cheryl made and that my sisters and I wore. Sage's costume turned out great and she was a pretty little witch!




Getting a picture of all three kids together was a challenge! Sage's hat was pushed back because she liked it that way. Sydnee's hat was flopping over because she didn't want grocery sacks stuffed in it to make it stand up and Easton was not excited about standing still and looking at the camera, but we got a few of them together and I am one happy mom!

Here are the pictures of Easton's true feelings and Matthew wrestling him, while laughing, trying to get him to stand up and keep his hat on. Too funny! What a little man. He knows exactly what he does and doesn't want to do and he wasn't about to leave that costume on any longer than necessary. After pictures we took it off of him so that we could all enjoy the fun night ahead.


Sage and Sydnee ran off to our friend's, the Eagar's, house as soon as pictures were finished, so Math and I didn't have a chance to get pictures with them. The Eagar's live two houses away from us and they invited us over for dinner, trick-or-treating and to hang out in their front yard and pass out candy. We were really excited! I decided to make spider cookies to take over just for fun. I also made YUMMY rolls. Kristie made white chicken chili and it was DELICIOUS! She made other yummy goodies and her sister made some delicious food too. We had a great time with them. We also had fun trick-or-treating in our neighborhood and seeing other friends from our ward too. The girls thought that trick-or-treating was SO MUCH FUN! They got so much candy that their buckets were heavy and they thought for sure their arms were going to fall off. I had to laugh about that. What little cuties! I also loved that the girls would thank everyone for their treats and they would also wish people a happy Halloween. So many people loved that and would tell them that they were the first people to wish them a happy Halloween. I am always glad that I have sweet kids. I loved enjoying Halloween through their excitement and happiness!

Math and I dressed up too. I had been cleaning the house all morning and I didn't want to do my hair, so I threw on my wig and got into the spirit of Halloween. Who doesn't like to dress up every now and again?!?! We had a great Halloween!

Here I am wearing one of the capes that my mom made! I thought that I had a better picture with two of my sisters in it also, but I couldn't find it. Maybe my mom has that one at her house. Oh well, it's fun to see the cape anyway!






10 comments:
Cute pictures and costumes! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Darling pictures!! How fun to see you in the same cape your girls wore!! That is really neat that they wore the same costume as you!
I love the pictures of Matt wrestling Easton. They made me laugh because I can so relate. You guys look great!
HAHA! I am cracking up at those pics of Easton being ticked off about Halloween! What a funny little man. I love all your pictures. That pirate costume is adorable, and your girls are the cutest witches. I love seeing those capes again! And by the way, you look great with red hair! I have a picture of me that looks exactly like that one of you. Scary look and all!! HAHA!
It was hard to get my kids all together. I didn;t get any good pics of my kids together. Love Eastons pirate costume. That is so neat that your girls wore something you wore when you were young.
When Syd called me on the phone she told me she got to hold a big broom! The girls looked as cute in the capes as you all did! I'm always glad you share. That was the year you were "spooky witches", the year before you were "nice witches". Greata memories! Love Ya
Jess, Your kids looked so cute for Halloween! I also loved the girls night. That looked so fun. Your red-haired wig actually looked really good on you. Did you see how great it made your skin look? You might think of a change!! Auntie Trudy
Easton looked soooooo cute!!! Love all the costumes!
Your kids look so cute all dressed up for Halloween =] Easton was a cute pirate that's what Ryker was too !!
Your kids looks so cute. I love it. You look great too. I agree, it's fun to dress up once in awhile.
Post a Comment