
Wow, I cannot believe that my baby is two years old! He is getting so big, so fast. This year I asked Easton if he wanted a Lightening McQueen or a Buzz and Woody party and he chose Lightening. His favorite movies are Toy Story 2 and Cars, so I knew that we had to go with one of those for his special day. He was so excited about all of the fun Cars stuff that we had and that made me happy.

I decided that there was just too many things going on and I couldn't have separate parties for each side of the family, so we did a big combined party with everyone on September 12th, 2010. I am so glad that the weather was beautiful and that we could be outside, because it would have been EXTRA chaotic to have 33 people all crammed inside our house. (2 great grandparents, 4 grandparents, 10 aunts and uncles, 12 cousins and our family of 5!) Whew, that is a ton of people. We were so glad that so many of our loved ones could come and celebrate our little man's special day. We were missing one family though and wished that the Kiesel's could have been there too. We missed them.

I always have a great time coming up with a fun cake for my kids parties. This ended up being really easy, but no matter how easy, it always ends up taking quite a bit of time to complete. Easton was so excited about his Lightening McQueen cake and that truly made my day. He just kept talking about it and wanted to peek at it all day long. He even talked about his cake for days after the party. This is exactly why I love making special creations for my kids. They seem to love and appreciate their cakes so much. That really makes me happy!

Easton was a little shy about the singing, blowing out candles and having so much attention focused on him, but I could tell he was having fun too. He blew out the candle and was ready to eat a piece of his yummy cake! I think that everyone was ready for some cake and ice cream. We seemed to have just enough to feed the crew! Thank heavens!

Our cute kids had a great time during the birthday party. Sage and Syd were such amazing helpers. They are good sisters. Easton is lucky to have them and they are lucky to have such a sweet and fun little brother.

What a handsome kid! I love this little boy SO much!! He makes me smile and laugh every day. He is so smart. He shocks Matthew and I with the things he knows. We never know what kind of amazing (or sometimes naughty) things might come out of his mouth. Easton brings a lot of joy and happiness to our family.

When it was time to open presents we had Great Grandpa Grace go first. He gave Easton a card filled with money. There was $4 inside and Easton was so cute that he tried to give it back. I think that he must have figured that Grandpa accidentally put it in his cool card. I'm so happy that Grandpa and Kathleen could come over and spend some time at our house.

Easton had a great time opening presents and he loved everything that he was given. He was excited to see what was waiting inside of each gift. Thanks everyone for the fun things that you gave to Easton. You were all WAY too kind!

Thanks Papa Bob and Grandma Cheryl for spending the day with us. We love you tons!

Thank you Grandpa DeMar and Grandma Patty for coming to spend time with us. We love you a lot!

Another picture of our family. I've made it a tradition to take a quick family snap shot on each of our kids birthdays. I think it is a fun way to remember what we all looked like during that time of life. I'm so grateful that Easton came to our family. Two years ago I wasn't sure what I would do with a boy, but he has been such a blessing to our family. He is a fun and happy little guy and we wouldn't trade him for anything. Our family would not be the same without him.





5 comments:
wow, what a fun party and filled with family! i bet that was awesome! ok I LOVE the cake you made! you have an amazing talent lady! great traditions and fun memories! miss u guys!
Looks like a great party. Yes, we need to have lunch. This week is crazy for me. Maybe next week. Let me check my schedule, maybe next Thursday??
Girl that cake is awesome! I am always amazed with your creations! What a sweet shy boy Easton is...love al of his faces...and I love reading about his day!
Yep. It's official. I'm hiring you to make ALL my cakes from now on. Seriously, I'll PAY YOU!! That was a fun time, and I sure do love that funny little boy!
You are always seem to amaze me at the wonderful cakes you make. I am sure he loved it. Brody loves Cars too right!!
Post a Comment