On Sunday, September 5th, after 3 hours of church our kids decided that they wanted to play church. Sage and Sydnee set up the "piano" for Sydnee to play and then they told me that they needed a microphone. I knew that they were wanting a pulpit, so we scrounged up some empty boxes and then used our creativity to make the microphone. They were happy with the results, so that is all that matters. The kids sang primary songs, recited their primary program parts and gave wonderful talks. I was loving that they were playing together so well. They must have had a great day practicing for the primary program at church and didn't want the goodness to end. :) Easton even got in on the fun. He was as into it as the girls. We made him his very own pulpit so that he wouldn't interrupt what the girls had going on. He was funny and he would repeat what the girls would say. They assigned him to have a part in the primary program and he would say, "I am a child of God". Somehow his favorite thing to say turned into something along the lines of, "Teaching me, amen". Who knows, but it was dang cute!! Sage and Sydnee have their parts memorized for the upcoming primary program and I am very proud of them. Our kids are such angels and I am glad that they could all play together so well this afternoon.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Playing Church
On Sunday, September 5th, after 3 hours of church our kids decided that they wanted to play church. Sage and Sydnee set up the "piano" for Sydnee to play and then they told me that they needed a microphone. I knew that they were wanting a pulpit, so we scrounged up some empty boxes and then used our creativity to make the microphone. They were happy with the results, so that is all that matters. The kids sang primary songs, recited their primary program parts and gave wonderful talks. I was loving that they were playing together so well. They must have had a great day practicing for the primary program at church and didn't want the goodness to end. :) Easton even got in on the fun. He was as into it as the girls. We made him his very own pulpit so that he wouldn't interrupt what the girls had going on. He was funny and he would repeat what the girls would say. They assigned him to have a part in the primary program and he would say, "I am a child of God". Somehow his favorite thing to say turned into something along the lines of, "Teaching me, amen". Who knows, but it was dang cute!! Sage and Sydnee have their parts memorized for the upcoming primary program and I am very proud of them. Our kids are such angels and I am glad that they could all play together so well this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Oh, I love it!! It's so fun when they decide on something funny to play all together. Mine have never done the "church" thing, but we've run hotels and stores and schools. I love the pulpit!! So funny :)
That was so cute! I loved seeing them play, and my kids had fun having a chance to try it our with them!
That is so cute that they are playing church after 3 hours of such long church...we miss you friends...wish you weren't so far away!
Post a Comment