Tonight we went to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. This is our third year attending and we think that it is so amazing. Our girls are so cute when they watch it. They love to watch the story of Jesus' life. You have to go early to get a seat, so we brought pizza to eat, walked around the Temple grounds and got our picture taken with John the Baptist. The characters from the play walk around before the play starts. It is fun to see all of the costumes. Sydnee saw a soldier and said, "Mom, can you hold me, I think that I am going to be scared of him." It was funny. On the other hand, Sage was excited about seeing the soldier. We went over and shook his hand so that Syd could see that he was nice. After that she was obsessed with all the soldiers. We also loved the flowers all around the Temple grounds. It was amazing how good it smelled. I enjoyed the beautiful spring weather. Even with wiggly kids, big heads in your way and other distractions, somehow you can still come away so filled with the spirit. I didn't think that it would get to me as much this year because of the distractions, but as soon as they took Jesus and began to mock, place a crown of thorns on his head, whip and crucify him, the tears of gratitude began to flow. I am so thankful to my Savior Jesus Christ for all that he has done for me. I know that he lives and loves me so much. I am so blessed to be a member of his church and hope that I can share this joy with others through out my life. I love Easter and the spirit that it brings into our home. I hope that all of you have a great Easter!
Friday, March 21, 2008
The Mesa Easter Pageant
Tonight we went to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. This is our third year attending and we think that it is so amazing. Our girls are so cute when they watch it. They love to watch the story of Jesus' life. You have to go early to get a seat, so we brought pizza to eat, walked around the Temple grounds and got our picture taken with John the Baptist. The characters from the play walk around before the play starts. It is fun to see all of the costumes. Sydnee saw a soldier and said, "Mom, can you hold me, I think that I am going to be scared of him." It was funny. On the other hand, Sage was excited about seeing the soldier. We went over and shook his hand so that Syd could see that he was nice. After that she was obsessed with all the soldiers. We also loved the flowers all around the Temple grounds. It was amazing how good it smelled. I enjoyed the beautiful spring weather. Even with wiggly kids, big heads in your way and other distractions, somehow you can still come away so filled with the spirit. I didn't think that it would get to me as much this year because of the distractions, but as soon as they took Jesus and began to mock, place a crown of thorns on his head, whip and crucify him, the tears of gratitude began to flow. I am so thankful to my Savior Jesus Christ for all that he has done for me. I know that he lives and loves me so much. I am so blessed to be a member of his church and hope that I can share this joy with others through out my life. I love Easter and the spirit that it brings into our home. I hope that all of you have a great Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'm coming next year!
Love,
MOM
AWESOME JESS! We still haven't taken our girls...looks like I can comment now maybe...I miss you and your little ones....call me or I'll call you!
Post a Comment